If you haven’t noticed a large part of cybersecurity is based on the Human Factor. It is by far the weakest link in the chain of securing your IT environment. If you choose to ignore this fact and neglect to implement a Cyber Security Awareness Plan then you are risking more than you can imagine. But if you decide that a Cyber Security Awareness Plan is the smart choice and the right thing to do you will not only help keep your Business IT secure but your most valuable asset – your employees – will benefit as well.
Educate your employees to be cyber savvy at work and they will enjoy the benefits at home as well. There are a few ways to get started with your Cyber Security Awareness plan. I feel the most important first step is to let them know why you are doing it and how they will benefit. This way you are being up front with them that Cyber Security is paramount to the operation of business. You are also showing them their personal and family security is important to you. But it will be hollow succor unless you follow through.
When you implement your Cyber Security Awareness training program make sure you:
- Explain how they can use your tips and techniques at home to keep their loved ones secure online.
- Share your experiences and encourage them to participate with ideas.
- Let them know if they make a mistake the best thing they can to is to report it immediately – don’t try to hide or ignore it.
- Have them vote for a Cyber Security Awareness Champion. (or you can appoint one)
- Have a plan to ensure your program will be an ongoing part of your company’s culture.
This is not a definitive list of what you will need to do but it is a good starting point.
If you would like some help teaching your employees to avoid phishing and other scams. This not only helps protect your company but your employee and their family as well from possible scams that can lead to Identity Theft or serious security breaches. Contact us HERE